Save our planet, save our environment, save our…….
These statements have become a part of our daily existence. And truly we must heed these cries and do our bit in saving the planet so that our children and grandchildren can see the beauty that our planet has to offer. Listed below are a few things I do to help in the process:
1. Turn off all electrical devices when leaving home or work.
2. Don’t use tissue paper too often for wiping hands or face. Either wash your hands after eating or carry a handkerchief.
3. Don’t use a large piece of paper for writing a small bit of information. Even tear a post it in half if needed. Save as much paper as you can.The amount of resources used to produce paper is enormous so if you reduce use of paper you reduce use of electricity, fuel, etc.
4. Use Kindle or other similar media to read. Not only are you saving personal space but you will be helping greatly by reducing the amount of paper used enormoulsy.
5. Use water for washing after going to the poo and not paper.It might sound gross but it is better to use water than paper.
6.Try to use the same brown bag at least 3 times before you discard it, whether you got it from MC Donald’s,KFC, or your grocery store. It might look weird but trust me if everyone does this imagine the number of brown paper bags we save daily.It will be in millions.
7. Use E-bills.
8. Don’t take a receipt if you don’t need one.
9. Don’t use running water to wash, shave or brush.
10. Don’t shower for longer than required. Instead take a bubble bath or something if you want to stay in water longer.
Well these are the few things that come to my mind for now.
I would love it if you guys could state one way in the comment box on what you do to save the environment on your part. Also please share any links or info so that we all can be benefitted from your knowledge.
Check out these links and movies. They should shed some light.